Its full name is Democratic Republic of Congo and is a paradise for natural lovers. This country in central Africa is the second largest in the continent and is also home to several places that are in the list of the UNESCO World Heritage sites. This means that travelers will have tons of places to visit during their visit.
Here are 5 Places to Visit in Congo:
1. Virunga National Park – This is one of those sites that are part of the UNESCO World Heritage List. This is a great place for nature lovers, because ir is very rich in bio diversity.
2. Nyiragongo Volcano – This is a place that adventure seekers can’t miss. In here they have the rare chance to look at a lava lake, just meters away from their feet.
3. Kinshasa – If you want to experience the nightlife of the country, this capital city of Congo is where you want to go. This is also where you will find the best variety of accommodations.
4. Falls of Zongo – These are beautiful waterfalls that you can visit during the day, or you can even rent nearby bungalows or tents to camp right next to them.
5. Kahuzi-Biega National Park – This is another World Heritage site, and a place where you can see and tour dormant volcanoes. It is also a great place if you want to come close with gorillas.