The Nile River is the largest one in the world, and according to tons of travelers, it is also one of the most magical places in Africa. This river is known around the world as the river that allowed the development of the ancient Egyptian culture. But all along the river, there are cool places you can visit, and they aren’t all related to Egypt.
Here are 5 cool places to visit around the Nile River:
1. Cairo, Egypt – This is Africa’s largest city with a unique feel to it. hHere you can check out Cairo Museum and the nearby Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza.
2. Meroe Royal City, Sudan – This place in Northern Sudan is the place here you can find the greater concentration of Egyptian pyramids. Since there isn’t a lot of touristic infrastructure it doesn’t receive a lot of visitors.
3. Aswan, Egypt – Aswan is a highly touristic center with a busy market on the eastern side of the Nile.
4. Lake Tana, Ethiopia – This lake has 37 islands, most with historic monasteries and colorful monasteries. It is a great place to experience the culture of Ethiopia.
5. Jinja, Uganda – This is where you get some of the best white water rafting in Africa. It is also a place abundant wildlife, including monkeys and crocodiles.